• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

domain administration in plesk completely down after upgrade to 7.5.2

I've applied the hotfix

[root@machine root]# rpm -Uvh psa-hotfix-7.5.2-rh9.build75050204.16.i586.rpm
Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
package psa-hotfix-7.5.2-rh9.build75050204.16 is already installed

but its already installed.

Only two of the domains hosted on my server are affected by this....but I'm still getting the "Unable to check SiteAppPackage" error.

Any other ideas?

:/tmp # rpm -Uhv psa-hotfix-7.5.2-suse9.1.build75050204.16.i586.rpm
Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
package psa-hotfix-7.5.2-suse9.1.build75050204.16 is already installed

Having the same trouble!! Man this sucks like hell! I haven't changed anything on the server. It worked fine - and all of a sudden i login to cp and can't administrate the domains no more! :roll: *sigh* How many of those errors keep coming??? PLESK < * ... lil OT, i know, but this is so freaking annoying!

ooops, didnt notice that there was more than one page of replies to this topic.

As stated on page 2, I should follow the instructions on page 1....

cp /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/usermng /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/usermng.save
cd /tmp
wget http://www.yep-media.de/usermng/usermng
cp /tmp/usermng /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/usermng

That works for me.

I'm ssh'd in as my normal user but have sudo'd to root

These are server based operations. A non-privileged user will not be able to do them.

Okay, THX! That worked. I asked the question because i didn't know that the wget-file has the right owner already :)

Just a side not for those that may be downloading the file then uploading it. You must change the file permissions to match the old usermgr file or you will still get a Permission denied error.

Thanks for everyones assistance with this problem.

Would love to help on this for my server

Wish someone would help solve this problem on a FC1/Plesk 7.0.4 server.

Ask as I may no one will even reply to my requests for help.

Is there any way to kill usermng?

It sure won't stop when using kill usermng and my server load is inching upward by the minute.

The last time this happened I had to reboot, which I feel is stupid. Why can't this process be stopped?

phatPhrog,

Have you applied the usermng patch provided earlier in this thread?

If so, the hotfix may not be compatible with your older version of Plesk. Therefore, my recommendation would then be to contact Plesk support and request the appropriate hotfix.

You might also want to post the exact error message you are receiving and I will take some time to see what I can come up with for you.

Cheers,

Limedrink.

No

No, I didn't apply the patch. I am running 7.0.4, not 7.5.x

The only people commenting or helping with this issue is with 7.5 or anything other than 7.0.4.

No one, not even Plesk will help us solve this issue.

I'm not getting any error messages.

usermng --isquotable is running. I can't kill it, Plesk locks up, etc... when attempting to create a new domain.

This is happening randomly throughout the system.

Had a client last week tried to add a domain and it happened.

I tried adding a domain tonite to a different client and it has happened again.

Thanks for your reply.

Would it not be practical for you to upgrade to Plesk 7.1.7 or 7.5.2? What did SWsoft say when you contacted them?

Not a chance

With the problems I see about 7.5.2 I'm staying right where I am.

7.5.2 has the same problem with usermng anyway, so it wouldn't do to upgrade just to try to fix that.

Plesk (after 4 support requests) has not contacted me, or attempted in any way to fix the problem.

Sure would like to know where my support cash goes.

I'm now experiencing the same problem on a Fedora Core 1 server as well. I'm running Plesk 7.5.4.

Have you found a solution to this problem?

I have not tried the hotfix provided in this post yet as I don't think its relevant to my problem.

Only two options I see is to run some Plesk updates I see available in my control panel, and to run a quotecheck.

Note: This is a different server than when I posted earlier in this thread.

Just wanted to hear others' experiences with this problem.

Thanks,

Limedrink.

I am also now experiencing this problem. (Domain replaced with domain.com)

Plesk 7.5.4 on Fedora Core 2.

Unable to assign variables for PHostingForm: Unable to get hardquota state: dnsmng: Unable to search PTR records for domain.com :Got error 28 from storage engine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/hosting/phosting_setup.php:290 psaerror(string "Unable to assign variables for PHostingForm: Unable to get hardquota state: dnsmng: Unable to search PTR records for domain.com :Got error 28 from storage engine")

I tried replacing the usermng as suggested earlier in this thread and all that did was cause the error to ocur when choosing the hosting type (Currently it is bombing out after entering your FTP username and other details.) None of these domains have quotas set to them.

If anyone else has some ideas it would be great! This is infuriating!

Dear RurouniJones,

Do NOT use the usermng file that was attached to this thread -- that file is no longer useful. I had the same problems when I tried to resolve my problem with that file. Restore your old usermng file, which just as well might be a symlink.

Kernel upgrade to the latest 2.6 version resolved my hanging issues.

Here are my instructions on how you can go about doing that: http://layer0.layeredtech.com/showthread.php?t=2222

If you do not feel comfortable upgrading your kernel, just let me know and we will work something out.

Cheers,

Limedrink.

Thanks Limedrink,

I did replace the old file when it didn't work. Upgrading the kernel sounds like a pretty drastic measure for this but I'll look into it.

Thanks

RJ

Hi RurouniJones,

During my bugged experience, I was running the kernel version 2.4.

This is the only thing that has resolved this issue.

The issue is between the compatibility between the Fedora Core 2 and Plesk. It has nothing to do with the Plesk code itself.

I'm assuming you are in the same situation: currently running a 2.4 kernel version.

You'll be glad when it's all over.

Limedrink.

I just checked and I am in fact I am already 2.6.10-1.771_FC2.

...Which really annoys me now :)

I may upgrade to the latest version anyway.

Thanks again

RJ

Back