• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Domain alias with mail address

King555

Regular Pleskian
When creating a domain alias in Plesk, I can activate Web, Mail and DNS. When I activate "Mail" I would think that I now can create a mail address with that domain (myaddress @ domainalias.com). But I can't. If I create a new one I only can choose between the "real" domains. Is this a bug or a feature?

When creating a domain alias in Plesk, I can activate Web, Mail and DNS. When I activate "Mail" I would think that I now can create a mail address with that domain (myaddress @ domainalias.com). But I can't. If I create a new one I only can choose between the "real" domains. Is this a bug or a feature?

It's not bug, but even not a feature :p Activating mail for a domain alias just means that you have all e-mail addresses for the domain alias aswell. If you have example.com as main domain and create a alias domain which is domain.net, all mail for let's say [email protected] also work for [email protected]

I belive there's a feature request to have different e-mail addresses for domain aliases, somewhere.

Back