• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain alias www prefix doesn't work

N

Natalia Dewiyani

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can help me out here.

For some reason all the domain alias won't work if www prefix is used. For example if I type in domain.com, it will work find and if I type www.domain.com it will go to 404 page - DNS error.

I have tried to reconfigure svcmgr. I have also double check on IP address and make sure that www.domain.com and domain.com is listed.

I have also deleted the domain alias and recreated it. Same problem.

How do you work around it ? Where does domain alias controlled in IIS so I can work on it manually instead of going through plesk.

Thanks

run the following command on the domain:
domain.exe -u domain.com -www true

You may need to delete the domain alias and recreate it to fix the www prefix on the alias.

We need to find out how to schedule this for all domains somehow, or parallels needs to fix the problem.

I tried what you suggested but it doesn't work - it comes up with invalid command ? Could you provide step by step guide as I am not that familiar with plesk

domain.exe -u domain.com -www true

Sorry to reply to this old thread, but that's still a manual process. Is there any way to automate it?

Back