• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Forwarded to devs Domain disabled but uutomated tasks still called

FreeUserName

New Pleskian
TITLE:
Domain disabled but automated tasks still called
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
‪CentOS Linux 7.2.1511 (Core)‬
Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #46, last updated on April 24, 2018 03:08 AM
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
When a domain is disabled I would expect the Automated Tasks / Cronjobs setup in that disabled domain are also disabled. This is not the case. In my example I was calling a PHP script on the disabled domain. This fails and an error report is sent (enabled this). If you call an external url or maybe a script directly without url it could be your automated task keeps on running and execute tasks even when your domain is disabled.

I would vote for also disable the Automated Tasks on domain disable.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Disable domain with automated tasks setup
Test after the domain is disabled if the task is still called (is the case)​
ACTUAL RESULT:
Errors on automated tasks if url is called that is disabled. Probably no error when external url is called from disabled domain or local script.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
No errors and automated tasks not running on disabled domains.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Thank you for the report. Actually, we have already request PPPM-4560 about this issue. As far as I know, this request is considered to be implemented in Plesk 17.9 version.

Back