• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Domain homepage redirect to Plesk's courtesy page

Jader

New Pleskian
Hi,
I've just updated my server to last version of Plesk.
There is a single domain with Wordpress on this server;
after update I can visit website but if I try to go on homepage it redirects me to Parallel Panel pages that says

Welcome to Parallels!
If you are seeing this message, the website for www.*********.com is not available at this time.

If you are the owner of this website, one of the following things may be occurring:

• You have not put any content on your website.
  • Your provider has suspended this page.

Why that?

I can login into my website, but homepage only is redirect to Plesk courtesy page.

Try to run

# plesk repair fs yourdomain.com
# plesk repair web yourdomain.com

Hi,
I've just updated my server to last version of Plesk.
There is a single domain with Wordpress on this server;
after update I can visit website but if I try to go on homepage it redirects me to Parallel Panel pages that says

Welcome to Parallels!
If you are seeing this message, the website for www.*********.com is not available at this time.

If you are the owner of this website, one of the following things may be occurring:

• You have not put any content on your website.
  • Your provider has suspended this page.

Why that?

I can login into my website, but homepage only is redirect to Plesk courtesy page.
Check for an index.html file.
The index.php always had precedence, so it never got in the way.
Now the index.html may suddenly have precedence.

Just delete the index.html

Hi Jader,

it might help to know, that the standart "Index files" definitions are setup at

=> HOME > Domains > (sub)YOUR-DOMAIN.COM > Apache & nginx Settings

If you desire another order, pls. consider to manually adjust the setting with your very own "custom value", to define a particular order of the "Index files" to be prioritized at your (sub)domain.

Hi, same problem here with some of my hosted clients website homepages.
Solved removing index.html, but obviously before updating to Onix this wasn't a problem...do you know why this important setting was changed? I think many website hosted on Plesk servers will have the same problem when updating.

Hi, same problem here with some of my hosted clients website homepages.
Solved removing index.html, but obviously before updating to Onix this wasn't a problem...do you know why this important setting was changed?
It's an imperfect world and this isn't done intentionally.

You aren't without blame.
The index.html should have been removed the moment you added the index.php file.

As I wrote earlier... Plesk is intended as a tool for system administrators, not a replacement.
I don't work for Plesk and am a user just like you.
A few of my client's sites had this problem too a while ago.

Plesk could remove the index.html upon creation of a PHP-application in the root, but what should it do if you manually place a PHP-site there?

I took it as my own fault/oversight and didn't bother to write a report.

It's an imperfect world and this isn't done intentionally.

You aren't without blame.
The index.html should have been removed the moment you added the index.php file.

As I wrote earlier... Plesk is intended as a tool for system administrators, not a replacement.
I don't work for Plesk and am a user just like you.
A few of my client's sites had this problem too a while ago.

Plesk could remove the index.html upon creation of a PHP-application in the root, but what should it do if you manually place a PHP-site there?

I took it as my own fault/oversight and didn't bother to write a report.

You are right, let's take half of the blame ;-)
I only host Wordpress websites and only few of them had this problem, from now on I will double check to remove index.html.
The important thing is always to find some place like this and some person like you that help solve the problems.
Thanks

Back