• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain ID is undefined

B

bjsteiger

Yesterday I had no problems with my server and today I logged in and was trying to do some work with one of my domains and I got the following error messages:

ERROR
Domain ID is undefined.
0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/dom_users/dl_usr_ed.php3:13 psaerror(string "Domain ID is undefined.")

I have not upgraded the system, but the only work I did was to add a new domain and add some email addresses.

I did a search in the forums and I found some message about this in some older versions of PSA but they didn't seem to fit my situation.

Thanks for the help...

bjs

anyone? I can't do anything else in PSA until I get this resolved because I continue to get this error message?

hi,

i had dorked up some permissions in /usr/local/psa on a server of mine and needed to fix them. i ended up causing this same "Domain ID is undefined" problem for myself by using the rpm --setperms option for the installed psa rpm. (i ran "rpm --setperms psa", that is, and you shouldn't do that now that i realize plesk doesn't make their rpms correctly). that should have fixed whatever i accidentally changed of the psa file permissions. should is the key word there.

it appears that sw-soft doesn't know how to make their rpms correctly so that the rpm db knows the correct ownership and perms of the installed files. it's not just limited to the psa rpm; it looks like there are worse problems with the psa-qmail rpm, which claims that all of the qmail files should be owned by root.root, so using --setperms for that one will screw you up pretty bad, also, just to warn you.

anyways, the "Domain ID is undefined" issue: the solution for me was to fix the permissions on plesk's php sessions directory that is uses for the control panel:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sessions

it had its perms changed to 755, and because its ownership was root.psaadm, the user psaadm didn't have write access. so to fix it i verified the perms of that directory on another server and used the same permissions from there, which were 770.

in short, if you know it's not a diskspace issue (which i assume you ruled out by searching the forums and seeing that suggested already and checking that first?) then it is likely something else keeping plesk from writing session data to the drive, check permission to make sure plesk can write its session data. the output of this:

Code:
ls -l /usr/local/psa/admin/

should show something like this for the "sessions" line:

Code:
drwxrwx---   2 root psaadm  4096 Oct 29 17:38 sessions

Back