• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain issues & Email

E

Euan

I am new to plesk and am having trouble getting my domains configured, I tick the www box when setting up the domain but
when i look , www.boyx.org brings up a different page to boyx.org,

also i can send but not receive emails, what settings do i need to make for this to happen? any ideas or pointers appreciated

First of all you need to cjeck your DNS settings.
For example,

$ whois boyx.org
Name Server:NS33.1AND1.CO.UK
Name Server:NS34.1AND1.CO.UK

$ host NS33.1AND1.CO.UK
NS33.1AND1.CO.UK has address 195.20.224.152

$ host NS34.1AND1.CO.UK
NS34.1AND1.CO.UK has address 212.227.123.27

$ host www.boyx.org
www.boyx.org has address 82.165.30.74

$ host boyx.org
boyx.org has address 82.165.30.74

So I see that your plesk was not delegated for DNS zone.

Also if you have a WWW checkbox checked in your domain, then www.boyx.org and boyx.org are the same domain. If you want them to be different, just create domains www.boyx.org and boyx.org both without WWW ceckbox checked.

So let me get this right

So how do i make plesk run the DNS?
the domain is at 123reg, and i pointed it to 1and1 nameservers ....

Im kind of lost as to how www.boyx.org and boyx.org can be the ame site, at 123reg i haev full DNS control so should i mimick the settings plesk has there?

or how do i get it so plesk runs the dns ?

sorry very new to DNS

By default, Plesk runs DNS automatically. So the simplest way is point your domain directly to plesk server, not to 1&1 servers.

when i look , 1and 1 nameservers
simply point it to the servers I.P , which
is what you have recomended i do ? or have i missed the point again !!

Appreciate your responses

OK. You have two choises:

1) use plesk server as DNS server for your domain (that was I talk before)

2) use external DNS server for your domain (this is your current situation, i.e. DNS zone resides outside of plesk serve)

BTW, right now I see the same content in www.boyx.org and boyx.org. I suppose the problem is solved?

i think so

Yeah i think i got it all sorted, had to reboot for the www. to work, but added a few more so see what happens, thanks alot for your help pointed me in the right direction !!

Back