• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain Keys Issue

DaveKay

Regular Pleskian
I currently have domainkeys active for both incoming and outgoing email from my Plesk VPS.

I have been using the following test service to ensure all my spf/dk records are working: [email protected]
BTW, for anyone wanting to test email services - just send an email to the above address from the account you want to test - a very handy service!

Anyway, my spf records appear to be resolving correctly, but there appear to be no DK records.

In the plesk documentation, it states that the relevant public/private keys and DNS records are created. It doesn't appear that any records have been created in the zone files.

Am I missing something, or does DomainKeys need to be activated at the subscription level, rather than server wide?

Any help appreciated!

EDIT: It seems that disabling and re-enabling DK from within the subscriptions has re-created the DNS records.
All sorted!

Last edited:
Following up this issue, I have another slightly complicated scenario:

I have a customer subscription which is setup to host only their website. Their email is hosted with a different provider on an Exchange server, but I handle their DNS.

How would I go about getting their email signed with DomainKeys. Is this something that would be implemented at the other provider or at the DNS level. AFAIK, DomainKeys is only available on Linux servers?

I can obviously create the relevant DNS TXT records, but how do I create the rsa private key on my server?

Any help appreciated!

DaveKay,

DomainKeys are DNS txt records, whereas emails signed with DomainKeys are DKIM - DomainKeys Identified Mail.

As per my information, there is NO native support for DKIM in MS Exchange. MS Exchange supports SPF/SenderID instead. There are third party tools that add DKIM support to Exchange, like http://www.emailarchitect.net/domainkeys/

Back