• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

domain name resolve ipv6 but not ipv4

NaSOnWeb

Basic Pleskian
[solved] domain name resolve ipv6 but not ipv4

Hello to all
I added a AAAA ipv6 zone to my dns
the idea was to run the SPF validation by google (who checked the ipv6 and not ipv4 (??) )

Out today I have a client who called me and because it can no longer connect to my site

I take his computer in hand by teamviewer
and actually the ping of my domain solves the ipv6 not ipv4

is the only person with this problem

in the management of IP in plesk I
Mask IP address subnet Retailer Sites Interface
178.xx.xxx.xxx (shared) 255.255.255.0 eth0 0187
2001: xxxx: x: xxxx :: 1 (dedicated) 64 0 0 eth0

therefore 187 sites under the ipv4 and ipv6 0 on ...
I actually do not care about ipv6, it's just for spf ...

I lack some knowledge with dns I think ...

must I do something on dns to indicate that ipv4 is that actually hosts the site?
or at plesk for all requests to be redirected to the ipv6 on ipv4?

thank you in advance

Last edited:
If you have ipv6 on your server smtp will send on that to gmail.

You can use ipv4 only by disabling ipv6 in /etc/postfix/main.cf

Change

Code:
inet_protocols = all

to

Code:
inet_protocols = ipv4

and restart postfix.

Or just add the ipv6 address to your current SPF record.
Something like..

Code:
v=spf1 a mx ptr ip4:your-ip-address ipv6:your-ipv6-address a:mail.youmailservername.tld -all

I hope that helps

Kind regards

Lloyd

EDIT: And make sure your ipv6 address has a PTR to match your mail server, you may need to talk to your ISP for that.

Back