• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain resolves to another IP

L

ldejager

Hi,

I've got Plesk 7.5.2 installed on a Fedora Core 2 box and we've had no problems in the past with this particular server untill now. It's hosting approximately 620 domains.

Sometimes when a client tries to change his/her password, they get a popup box saying "This domain resolves to another IP address (1.2.3.4) Please correct DNS settings."

The DNS settings have always been the values that they are, and definately pointing to the correct server but yet the popup appears.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of error and what was the solution?

Thanks

What is the IP address it thinks it's pointing to? I mean I don't need to know if it's some random IP, but if it's actually 1.2.3.4 or similar it sounds like a bug. Is it always the same IP?

Hi,

The IP address it shows in the popup box as what it thinks the domain is pointing to is in fact the correct IP address. On the external interface there are a couple of "aliases" for clients with SSL needs, but the primary IP (ext if) is the one that always shows up in the popup box and is the one which is correct as where the domain should and is pointing to in DNS.

Hope this make sense,

Thanks!

Back