• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Domain served outside of Plesk - how?

hello_world.c

New Pleskian
On a Linux server with Plesk Onyx I need to install a service that runs its own web server including SSL. I need to use the standard port 443. Can I add the domain for it in Plesk but tell Plesk not to handle it but forward it to the local service that handles it? If yes, how?

Theoretically (I haven't tried it myself), you can try the following scenario:

- create a docker container with your service with not 443 port
- create Plesk domain without hosting but with forwarding 443 port to port of docker container

Thanks for your replies. After much research I have found a different way. In recent versions of Plesk you can disable the nginx always reverse proxying the local Apache server and instead have it reverse proxy another local service. nginx handles the https protocol on port 443, you local server then runs unencrypted on a different port. This is described for example here:
The secret sauce is in the right nginx directives and the configuration of the other service that can't use hard redirects for example.

Back