• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain showing in preview but not live - name has resolved

S

spsp

Hello,

My domain is showing OK when I use the 'preview domain' button in Plesk, but I just get the Plesk Default page if I try to view it in a browser.
The domain name has definately resolved to the correct server as otherwise it wouldn't be finding the Plesk default page - previously it was on a server using cPanel.

If I look in the vhosts directory, I can see that a folder tree has been created for my domain, but there is also a 'default' folder, and it looks like that's the folder being served for the domain.
If I rename this folder (eg to defaultOLD) then the I get a 404 error for the domain.

So, what haven't I done? How do i get my domain to show up on the web?

Thanks

I've had the same problem,
annoyingly there seems to be something going on inside 'the box'. That just takes a few hours to sync up before the site magically works.
Update the TTL settings on your domain, and restart the DNS, but if that doesn't work, just wait ...

Useful plesk commands

Back