• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain size limit wrong !!!!

S

studio444

Hello everybody,

I'm having a huge problem with a client domain. Plesk tells me that this client is using 5GB of disk space (httpdocs), when I check with the file manager, It tells me that It is just using 400Mb (Which is right). I did set a 3gb limit for this domain, plesk doesn't respect it. Now I don't have enough space !!!!

What can I do? thaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnkkkkkss

Francois

its most likely from a log file - enable log rotation and compression for the domain

you can use this to make sure
Code:
du -cH /var/www/vhosts/<domain>/

That will tell you in KB/MB/GB how much space the domain is using in each folder so you can tell for sure if its the log files.

I went from having 140GB of disk space used to 14GB of disk space used after enabling log rotation and compression with about 500 domains on one server just as an example.

Open Plesk CP:

Click Server -> Server Preferences:

you will see System preferences -> When calculating disk space usage, count -> select _by size_

Then try to recalculate statistics for the particular domain according http://kb.swsoft.com/en/393:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics --calculate-one --domain-name=Domain_name.com

This problem was resolved in Plesk 8.2.
I recommend you upgrading

Hi, Friends, I'm new here.
I have the same problem as studio444.
Thank you, unika.

I'd like to know what's the difference of :
1) calculating disk space usage by file size and
2) calculating disk space usage by amount of disk space used?
For all this while I thought it's just the same?

Thanks.

1) calculating disk space usage by file size and
2) calculating disk space usage by amount of disk space used?
For all this while I thought it's just the same?

Hard drives store data in blocks of bytes which may or may not be the same size as the actual file. This provides the ability of the operating system to address specific locations on the drive in a far more usable fashion.

If a file is any fraction of a block, it takes up the whole block. If a block is 2k, for example, and a file stored within it is only 40 bytes, you're losing 2008 bytes to unusable disk space because it simply isn't addressable. This is far more significant when your site and email include primarily smaller files (under 1kb), than if the site consists of much larger files. If you've got a drive with 2kb blocks and 1 thousand files, each over 100mb, the most space you'll lose is a mere 2mb, while if you have a million files under 1kb, you could end up with nearly 2gb of wasted (inaddressible) space.

Hard drives store data in blocks of bytes which may or may not be the same size as the actual file. This provides the ability of the operating system to address specific locations on the drive in a far more usable fashion.

If a file is any fraction of a block, it takes up the whole block. If a block is 2k, for example, and a file stored within it is only 40 bytes, you're losing 2008 bytes to unusable disk space because it simply isn't addressable. This is far more significant when your site and email include primarily smaller files (under 1kb), than if the site consists of much larger files. If you've got a drive with 2kb blocks and 1 thousand files, each over 100mb, the most space you'll lose is a mere 2mb, while if you have a million files under 1kb, you could end up with nearly 2gb of wasted (inaddressible) space.

:D tq, shall.. that helps me much..

Back