1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Domain Web Content Disappears

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by digiweb, Apr 17, 2008.

  1. digiweb

    digiweb Guest

    0
     
    Dear Folks,

    How do you do?! I'm posting this message because I am having a misterious problem with a web domain account at my Plesk 8.2 for Windows.
    When a customer tries to create a additional "ftp account", thru the Plesk Painel, after typing the name of the ftp acount, and the root folder to it... when the plesk starts processing the request, all the httpdocs content (and some times all other folders like statistics, anon_ftp and so on), just disappears.
    This occurs just with this only domain, of this customer. All my other web domains are just fine.
    After backing this site up, I have tested and created a "ftp account" myself at this domain account, thru the plesk painel, and it worked fine.
    Maybe Plesk permissions for this account are not 100% ok....
    So I do no if my customer is doing something wrong. Does anybody have a clue of what could be done?

    Thanks so much.
     
  2. Satoriya

    Satoriya Guest

    0
     
    Hi Pedro ,

    Have you tried to reproduce the problem under client account in Plesk?
    However, it does not look like permission issue, but just in case you can check domain permission with option called
    "Check permission" in Plesk CP > Domains
     
  3. digiweb

    digiweb Guest

    0
     
    Hi Satoriya,

    The problem now happens with several domains, i have tried to use this fix. In some domains the fix have a good behaviour (checks the permissions and correct them fine). But in others, the permissions check goes wrong, and the account loses some acl, link the permission of the user, and IUSR_user. I had to make this acl myself, thru windows ntfs security...
    Well, I'll give a few more days to see if these sites stops losing content, then i'll post a new reply.

    Thanks so much for your help!
     
  4. digiweb

    digiweb Guest

    0
     
    Just for information... the problem came back, the web site content simply disappears. Just the folder "statistics" remains, all other content is gone.

    I was wondering if Parallels could give an explanation about this issue.
     
Loading...