• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domainalias cannot use the * for all

EasyCom

New Pleskian
I need to work with lot of subdomains. To do this I have the A-record in DNS to *.domain.tld . In apache in the /etc/hosts/,host.conf apache needs to have a alias of *.domain.tld. How to do this in plesk? It must be a standard option here.
Now every time plesk runs an update, it overwrites this setting.

VSB =Very Stupid Behave

I'm not completely sure what you want to achieve here.

If you want to add a lot of domain aliases and you don't want to do so via the Plesk GUI, you can do it via the command line by creating a script to read a list of the aliases and add them all to the domain)

Manually adjusting apache config files for this purpose isn't really a good idea.
But you could create a vhost.conf for the domain and add your alias configuration lines in there-- I'm not sure if this will work but it might (remember to use httpdmgr to get the vhost.conf read and loaded).

on Apache it is documented to use the "ServerAlias *.example.com" entry. This does the trick for me.

In plesk there is a validation on the value you enter. It schould accept the * to comply to the rule as indicated op apache-docs.

Back