• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domains will not let me view past 25

Jeff Knapp

New Pleskian
I updated my panel to 10.4.4 Update #18 with no error. Now, if I go to the Domains listing under Hosting Services, I get a list of 25 domains. I am able to sort the domains, but if I click on next or any of the page numbers or any of the display options such as 50, 100 or all, I get an "internal error" with no other description. The only way I can view any of the other domains beyond the 25 is to go through customers or subscriptions.

By the way, Igor, a real pain in the butt feature of the 10.4.x control panel is that domains are no longer sorted alphabetically by default. Every time I go to domains, I have to click on the domain name header to switch to alphabetical. If there is a reason this was changed, then you should add a feature that allows us to control how it is viewed. I would much porefer to open the domain list and see all my domains in alphabetical order so that I can easily find them. I have over 100 domains.

Any help with the above "internal error" would be appreciated.

Jeff

I noticed that MU#19 was available, so I tried this to see if that helped. It did not. I still have the same problem.

Jeff

Hey Jeff, this 'Internal error' issue you're experiencing looks *very* similar to the one I reported on Friday to Parallels. Just out of curiosity, how many domains are hosted on that server?
In our case I have found one domain which can't be displayed in the Domains window. The same domain is displayed without problems in 'Subscriptions' window. I can replicate this problem in two ways:
1. Searching for the problematic domain in the Search text box.
2. Listing the domains page by page, until *that* domain gets displayed.
Have you found the domain(s) causing the problem? If not, here's what to do:
- Log out / log in to clear the session;
- In the Domains window, narrow the number of items displayed per page to 10, then start displaying the domains page by page;
- Once you get 'Internal error' for a page, try to open that page not in the current window, but in a new window or tab. From that window/tab, select 'View page source' in your browser. You'll see a Javascript code block that contains all the domains that were supposed to be displayed if the Panel didn't crash, [at least] one of them is causing the problem.
- Keep the source page open to have access to the list of domains, then log out / log in again. Go to 'Domains' page again and start searching each of the domains in the Search text box until you'll find which one is causing the problem.
In my case the doomed domain is configured as URL forwarding.
I have two Plesk 10.4.4 servers exhibiting this problem, both running 10.4.4#MU18, both upgraded recently from 10.3.1. I've been advised by technical support to enable the debug log for the panel using this KB article:
http://kb.parallels.com/en/111257
There wasn't, however, any error logged in /usr/local/psa/tmp/util_exec.log when displaying 'Internal error' page, only these entries were logged after logging in and accessing Home page:
27/02/2012 07:32:59 41bb803986d7804f2ffb337b0756336c /admin/home/admin logmng /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/logmng '/root/.autoinstaller/microupdates.xml' TRUE 0.07573
27/02/2012 07:33:00 41bb803986d7804f2ffb337b0756336c /admin/health/server-status/ /usr/bin/sw-rrdtool /usr/bin/sw-rrdtool '-' TRUE 0.00385
27/02/2012 07:33:00 41bb803986d7804f2ffb337b0756336c /admin/health/server-status/ /usr/bin/sw-rrdtool /usr/bin/sw-rrdtool '-' TRUE 0.00320
27/02/2012 07:33:00 41bb803986d7804f2ffb337b0756336c /admin/health/server-status/ /usr/bin/sw-rrdtool /usr/bin/sw-rrdtool '-' TRUE 0.00363
27/02/2012 07:33:00 41bb803986d7804f2ffb337b0756336c /admin/health/server-status/ /usr/bin/sw-rrdtool /usr/bin/sw-rrdtool '-' TRUE 0.00391

Last edited:
I appreciate your information. My problem did turn out to be a domain that I had switched from a hosting domain to a forward. When I logged in today, I was unable to view ANY domains unless I went through customers or subscriptions. I then reverted the domain back to a hosting domain after investigating as you indicated above. Immediately, I was able to view all my domains and received no Internal Error. I have no problem viewing them in 10, 25, 100 or ALL. This is definately a bug. Although I have access to my domains again, I am leaving open until resolved by Parallels. Igor, please don't forget about the sorting issue I described in my first post either.

Jeff

Back