• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Don't receive Spam mails

oscarbello

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,

I have a VPS on strato with Ubuntu 18 and Plesk. I manage my email accounts in Plesk and use Roundcube webmail, but I have a problem. I can't see the emails that go to the spam folder.

Some people send me a mail but I can't see them in my inbox or spam folder.

Has anyone had the same problem? I appreciate any help.

Thanks so much,
Regards.
1614023988855.png

How do you know that emails go into your spam folder when you do not see emails in your spam folder?

How do you know that emails go into your spam folder when you do not see emails in your spam folder?
Because some people send me an email but I never receive it, I guess it goes to the spam folder, but I'm not sure because I can't see it. It's really very strange.

Please look into /var/log/maillog and seek the lines where the sender's address is mentioned, e.g.
# grep part_of_sender_address /var/log/maillog
or
# grep part_of_sender_address /var/log/maillog.processed
so that you can actually see if the email is coming in at the specified time when a sender says he/she has sent it. Many senders have issues, so don't rely on them saying they have sent you and email. It might have never left their servers.

There is also a chance that it was returned by a blacklist your server is using. Whatever happens to a mail that actually arrives at your system is logged in /var/log/maillog. That's the only way to see what is truly happening.

It is extremely unlikely that the mail is delivered, than moved into spam and then "invisible". It is much more likely that it never arrived at your server or that it has been returned by a blacklist.

Back