• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Dovecot warnings

Franco

Regular Pleskian
Hello,
on Plesk 17.8#8 I have noticed a couple of warnings of the kind (not sure when they started to appear:

master: Dovecot v2.3.0.1 (ffd8a29) starting up for imap, pop3, sieve (core dumps disabled)
doveconf: Warning: NOTE: You can get a new clean config file with: doveconf -n > dovecot-new.conf
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/11-plesk-security-ssl.conf:2: ssl_protocols has been replaced by ssl_min_protocol
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/11-plesk-security-ssl.conf:4: ssl_dh_parameters_length is no longer needed
dovecot: config: Warning: NOTE: You can get a new clean config file with: doveconf -n > dovecot-new.conf
dovecot: config: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/11-plesk-security-ssl.conf:2: ssl_protocols has been replaced by ssl_min_protocol
dovecot: config: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/11-plesk-security-ssl.conf:4: ssl_dh_parameters_length is no longer needed

The file /etc/dovecot/conf.d/11-plesk-security-ssl.conf contains
ssl_cipher_list=HIGH:!aNULL:!MD5
ssl_protocols = TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2
ssl_dh=</usr/local/psa/etc/dhparams1024.pem
ssl_dh_parameters_length=1024
ssl_min_protocol=TLSv1

I am not actively using email services (disabled on all subscriptions), email is used just for the website contact forms.

What shall I do? Can you please help.
Franco

I experienced this too. I think Plesk may need to update their settings files when it finds the new version is installed. Here is what I did:

open /etc/dovecot/conf.d/11-plesk-security-ssl.conf
and change yours to this (commenting out the deprecated setttings):
Code:
ssl_cipher_list=HIGH:!aNULL:!MD5
#ssl_protocols = TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2
ssl_dh=</usr/local/psa/etc/dhparams1024.pem
#ssl_dh_parameters_length=1024
ssl_min_protocol=TLSv1

Then restart Dovecot and you should notice the errors don't appear again.

same issue here.
Thanks for the workaround.
Plesks security module for dovecot definitely needs an update for the new dovecot settings.

Back