• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Dr. Anti Virus block emails

P

palle

Senders to the email address receiving following message back :

"The Doctor Web Anti-Virus on "XXXXXXXXX.XXX" has found viruses in the e-mail coming from your address. The message was not delivered."

Also if there is no virus included and also sending email don't work anymore. I tried to turn off the Dr. Antivirus but it wont stay off. Does anybody have the same problem and how can it be solved? I would like to turn off the antivirus servie. Thanks for any help!

Ok that's not the best solution but at least it works. i killed the service at the windows service manager. Now the emails are passing without virus check.

Hi, same problem here, it looks like a update bug....

It worked fine yesterday.

also our problem!

the mailserver began to hang at 01.00 (night) Danish time
The inboud que had 600.000 mails waiting.
I've succesfully shut-down the Dr. web component and moved the messages from the inbound folder, so i can sort the "wrong" mails away.

When i look in the dr.web folder at the log it says:

[11/02/05 14:54:11 000023ac] DrWebMail: run as service
[11/02/05 14:54:11 0000272c] DrWeb ScanMail Service started
[11/02/05 14:54:11 0000272c]
Key file: D:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\DrWeb\drweb32.key
Registration info:
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
[11/02/05 14:54:11 0000272c] Loading engine...
[11/02/05 14:54:11 0000272c] Engine version do not match to shell version. Aborting
[11/02/05 14:54:11 0000272c] Unloading engine (#1)...
[11/02/05 14:54:11 0000272c] Engine (#1) unloaded
[11/02/05 14:54:11 0000272c] Cannot load Dr.Web engine from "D:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\DrWeb\" or virus bases from "D:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\DrWeb\"
[11/02/05 14:54:11 0000272c] drweb_scan_init() failed.

sssooooooo i cannot load the engine... interesting :)

I've sent and email to dr.web and also sent a mail thorugh their support-system where i inform about this thread...

lets hope they can come with an update soon :)

Regards

anders

same problem here.. started today (11/2/05)

For now, I selected "None" in the component selection for Antivirus.. Hopefully there will be an answer soon!!

wow.. So it looks like this auto update from yesterday cause the problem we are seeing?!? - I hope plesk is working with them on this issue.. and there should be a quick solution.

I have had the same issue, at first i thought it was mail enable tho. So im on smarter mail now and i havent had any problems.

Hi,

This is a very bad bug.

We spent hours today cleaning up this mess !!

Seems like Dr Web have so much work to do.

It would put me off using Dr Web for the rest of my life.

Thanks,
Dave

Alright, i just made the banner we have all been needing.
drweb.jpg

Same Problem! Arggh!!! What the heck?

So what are we supposed to do now? I don't get it. Are we to install something...reboot....what?

the current solution is to shut off the dr.web service. or use smarter mail instead of mailenable.

nice

Well I had already shut off. As for switching to another email program. I only just purchased mail enable and am happy with it at the moment. I guess I'm stuck waiting for the update or going for a third party command line anti-virus utility certified to work with mail enable and installing myself. grrr

Same problem

We had the same problem, removed drWeb software and now we are up and running again.

What alternative antivirus software do you guys use? Please post a message is there's an update on this story.

Thnx

Same problem here too - any final procedure available in the meanwhile to get this fixed ? Pretty urgent, if you ask me...

Im wondering if this bug is in the windows version only? But i guess all we can do is to sit and wait. We are using AntiVir at the moment. And it works fine.

This problem effected 2 of our Plesk servers yesterday, it took a full day to clean up the mess. Bad show for Dr Web. I wont be using that software ever again. :mad:

very poor

yep hit me too, spent 6 hours yesterday going through 22000 emails, only to get hit again this morning. bah humbug.

Come on Plesk/DrWeb lets have a solution for this, dont think leaving the AV off until you guys sort it is the best idea.

Back