• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Dr. Anti Virus block emails

Same here we spent 20 hours to clean that mess. Hundred thousands of mails were in the queue. ARRGGGHHHH!!!

the current solution is to shut off the dr.web service. or use smarter mail instead of mailenable.

My hosting company (server beach) has obtained a patch from Plesk which they applied which appears to have solved the problem.

CORRECTION - just tested.. no patch was applied.. and there is still no solution..

the last time i migrated over to smartermail it screwed my box up, had to wipe and reinstall everything. so im airing on the side a coution this time

I've said it before and I am saying it again: the (lack of support) by SWSoft is unbelievable, but right now it is simply becoming ridicoulous. Seems like Plesk servers all over the place are blowing up - 25 replies to this mail alone and over 500 views but not a single reaction from SWSoft.

Well, seems after SiteBuilder (simply cannot install - error 1722 - nobody cares) another add on for Plesk we can throw out.

Oh well...

Mav.

Same issue here, spent all Tuesday, about 20 hours trying to clean the mess up Dr. Web created.

I could not leave my server unprotected so I installed ClamWin but had to upgrade MailEnable in order for Plesk to recongnize it, so now I have spent more money on my server than I had planed to, first Dr.Web's license and now ME Pro license...

I am really upset!

BTW, I had to shut down Dr.Web (disebled it) from Windows services as it kept coming back every hour.

If you decide to install ClamWin make sure you set up a task to restart it every hour as there is something in Plesk that suddenly stops it, I have not found what it makes it stop but in the meanwhile I set the task to reset it every hour.

Hope this helps

Saludos!

Same problem here too.

I cannot believe they let such a mess happening. :(

Well, of course SWsoft couldn't really stop this from happening, since DrWeb is a third party solution which handles it's own updates.

It's still a shame though they haven't spotted this thread and responded to the problems at hand. Installing clamav from clamwin.com right now.

--
edwin

The bug is FIXED, just update dr-web twice !!!!

The update program is located in the dr web directory.

Plesk server is now up and running WITH dr-web

we have the same problem on our windows server running with PLESK. but your tip to update DR.WEB twice didn't help at all!! there are still incomming thousands of e-mails every hour.

are ther some inputs more?

xtended

Did you clear your que before attempting this and with Dr Web stopped? I've not tried as yet to do the update twice thing but I have DR. Web disabled at the moment, manually cleared my que and all has been fine (of course minus anti-virus). Just trying to understand where you are in the process before I try this.

Hi,

I stopped dr web,
cleared all outbound queues,
updated twices,
and restarted the server.

The problem was gone, no more strange mail. No more bounced mail.

Restart clarification

Hi Trizone,

So how did you restart? Do you mean re-enabled Dr. Web via the component page, then reboot server? Just trying to be clear as I don't need this to start all over again :)

Regards,

Jim

Could you please provide link to update.

Can someone provide the link to the update, I do not want to have another catastrophe to deal with.

thanks

OK reading the past posts to get the latest path we just need to run the update program located directly on our web server. There is no program to download and run?

so, i have received a patch from swSoft, last night. i installed it and... i seems, that DrWeb works properly again.

So you got an update from SWSoft ? Impressive... What did you do to get it ? Thread to blow up their offices ?

No, seriously - what exactly did you get and how did you get this ?

Lots of people around here right now who want to solve this...

Regards,

Mav.

Back