• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Dr. Web updates problem

H

huntdawg

I've recently set up a server (Red Hat I believe) with Plesk and have successfully updated to 7.5.2. However, after I updated I'm having problems with Dr. Web Antivirus. If I enable it on any account, it will not let me use our server for SMTP on that account. POP3 works, but SMTP just won't work and only for the account I've enabled antivirus on.

I am leasing this server from EV1servers and after many trouble tickets with them, they have told me this is a known issue with the new Plesk updates and to use a different antivirus solution.

I thought Dr. Web is integrated into Plesk and that if Plesk was updated, it should have updated it as well and it should work correctly.

I was having no problems what-so-ever with Dr. Web until I updated Plesk. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Chris

New Problems

Ok, now I'm experiencing other problems. It seems that all of my special characters on the entire server are being treated rather strangely. For example when I SSH into my server and do a "pstree" to see what processed are running, instead of it showing |- process it shows an "a" with a carrot on top of it.

Also, with spam assassin, instead of getting *****SPAM*****, like I have it set up. I'm getting "_____SPAM_____" although all of my settings have astericks and not underscores.

Please somebody help.

Chris

Uninstall it and never use it again. Consider it a waste of hard earned money.

Use something like Clean Server from 4PSA, then use their script to remove the DR Web buttons, so your clients don't think they are getting cheated out of something wonderfully crappy. ;)

Just my 2 cents!

Regards,
poke

Back