• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Dropbox 4.2.0

Ignacio Cerro

New Pleskian
Hello. We are using Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 and dropbox extension 4.2.0 (updated on september the 9th) and now, dropbox is deactivated. I try to activate dropbox but it doesn't work. Know anybody how to solve this?

Thank you very much

Dropbox has changed it authentication methode. The Dropbox extension has been updated to comply with the new methode. See change log. You'll have to reconfigure the Dropbox storage again.

But... that is after september the 30th. I saw my dropbox extension deactivated, then i eliminated the extensión and i installed it again. It worked although i could not see my old backups using backup administration for my domains. After few hours, extension is again deactivated

Please, can anybody help me. Every morning my dropbox extension in plesk is deactivated. If i try to activate it, it doesn't work. Then i uninstall and install the extension and connect dropbox with plesk. It works but a day later extension is deactivated again.

Hey @Ignacio Cerro
I had the same issue. Re-enabling the extension will not work. You might need to try uninstalling and reinstalling. Once you reinstall, you need to set it up again as per scratch. At least this worked for me and DropBox seemed to remember most of my paths and previous backups too.

Hello @edenweb. Nice news but... i uninstall dropbox extension. Then i install again the extension but my connection with my dropbox account is still on. I don't need to write my mail and password. how can i disconnect my dropbox account in plesk?
Could you help me with this?

Thank you very much

I did it. I logged out and reintall dropbox backup. I logged in again but... this morning the extension is again deactivated. Uff.....

Hi there @Ignacio Cerro , the same is happening to me on 4 plesk servers. On the other hand, I have over 20 other servers with the Dropbox extension which are working fine without any action by my side.
Did you fix it in the end? This is driving me crazy.
Thank you!

Hello @arnau. I have had no luck with this problem and have not found the solution. I have to manually make backups of the domains every day because I have not been able to figure out what the problem might be. :-(

Ouch! I'll keep you updated if I ever find a way to fix it. I have found that even if I uninstall / reinstall the extension, the auto-backup settings are still there. It seems that the extension is not fully removed.

I have tried a thousand things. Reinstalling the extension, disconnecting from dropbox and reconnecting, leaving the extension activated but without connecting to plesk, leaving the extension activated but without launching any task... Nothing has worked, at a certain time of the day, shortly after 00:00 the extension deactivates by itself.

well, that would be perfect but I have a vps that includes the plesk license. I contacted Parallels and they told me that my license was not supported by them and to go to my hosting provider. I did that and my provider tells me that they do not support the plesk license. In short, it doesn't seem to be the way to go. A pity

I don't know how. There they asked me for my plesk key and when i write the key they tell me that its not valid and the support must be provided from the reseller.

Hi there @IgnacioB , did you find a workaround for this? I am still facing this issue and now another server has entered this situation. Thank you in advance!

Back