• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Dropbox Extension not backing up files

Laurence@

Regular Pleskian
TITLE:
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Onyx 17.5 CentOS 7 x64
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
The Dropbox extension backs up everything except a site's files. I did a test on a primary domain with 2 subdomains. In the "Sites" folder were 2 sub-folders for the subdomains that had no files. Also there was no folder for the primary domain. Database backups, logs, stats etc are all there.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Do a dropbox backup, download it from Dropbox and take a look.​
ACTUAL RESULT:
No httpdocs files, no subdomain files.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
Files....​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

I don't think that it is a bug. It looks like some kind of misconfiguration. I would suggest you contact Plesk Support Team. They will check and fix this issue directly on your server.

TITLE:
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Onyx 17.5 CentOS 7 x64
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
The Dropbox extension backs up everything except a site's files. I did a test on a primary domain with 2 subdomains. In the "Sites" folder were 2 sub-folders for the subdomains that had no files. Also there was no folder for the primary domain. Database backups, logs, stats etc are all there.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Do a dropbox backup, download it from Dropbox and take a look.​
ACTUAL RESULT:
No httpdocs files, no subdomain files.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
Files....​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Be aware of the fact that DropBox and in particular DropBox clients had some issues in a recent period and, to some degree, these issues still are present.

Please try to exclude external factors, like failures on the side of DropBox or DropBox clients.

Please inspect DropBox folders from a browser (i.e. use the Dropbox web/browser client): if files are also missing, it is almost certain that Dropbox related issues are present.

It was a strange because unpacking the zip didn't show files in the root folder. However, on restoring the backup it did work and restored everything. So this is a non-issue.

It was a strange because unpacking the zip didn't show files in the root folder. However, on restoring the backup it did work and restored everything. So this is a non-issue.

Not really, this is an indication of Dropbox client related issues......... and that has to be tackled too, in order to let the DropBox extension have some added value.

It is working and backing up everything though. I have no idea why the files aren't showing in the zip file but like I said, you do a restore from it and all the files are actually there. So works as advertised.

Back