• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Dumping all the mysql databases

G

garan

Been meaning to tidy up my database backups for a while. I noticed that the mysql backups that Plesk does only backups up the psa and associated databases (e.g. horde).

Rather than re-invent the wheel, I took a copy of the mysqldump.sh script that's in /usr/local/psa/bin and modified it. I removed the bottom line that does the backup and replaced it with the following:
Code:
for dbname in ` mysqlshow -u admin --password=$admin_passwd | grep -v "+" | grep -v "Databases" | tr ["|"] [" "]`; do
  ${MYSQL_BIN_D}/mysqldump --quote-names --user=admin --password=$admin_passwd --database $dbname > /root/mysqlbackups/$dbname.sql && rotate $dbname.sql 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 ;
done

I'm not pretending that it's neat :) and welcome any comments or alternative methods..

Cheers,

Garan.

How about ...

mysqldump --quote-names --user=admin --password=$admin_passwd --all-databases

Only difference is it will create one backup of all databases. It is fairly easy to split out one database, if needed.

Originally posted by wagnerch
How about ...

mysqldump --quote-names --user=admin --password=$admin_passwd --all-databases

Only difference is it will create one backup of all databases. It is fairly easy to split out one database, if needed.

I did think about doing it that way but decided to go for single files per database for a couple of reasons:

1. Makes it easy to rebuild a database using mysql databasename < databasename.sql
  2. If a customer wants a copy of their database I can be certain that they're only getting their own data without having to think about it!
    [/list=1]

Guess it's horses for courses at the end of the day though :)

Cheers,

Garan.

Thanks! This works great!

Edit: Except for when I update plesk and it overwrites it :p

I guess I'll save it somewhere else

Edit: Except for when I update plesk and it overwrites it :p

Reading through my first post I should have been a little more descriptive about 'taking a copy of the script'. I copied the mysqldump.sh into another place, modified the script and used it from there. My Plesk installation is therefore unchanged.

Back