• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Duplicated emails

tpitserv

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.10 (Cerulean Leopard)
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.63 #4
Hi

All of a sudden I am getting reports from clients about receiving duplicated emails in the hundreds with the same Message ID.

We have recently introduced greylisting to solve a problem where the server was blocking emails with secureserver.net in the SPF record and the emails that were affected are now coming over and over.

Plesk support implemented the greylisting so I have faith in that but is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Hello @tpitserv

Such issues are usually related to the issues with email delivery. For instance, the emails are not delivered correctly due to the broken/slow DNS resolution.
Anyway, it is hard to say without a deeper investigation.
I would take a look at the records in the /var/log/maillog and the DNS resolution details. Also, the current state of the /etc/resolv.conf. That should provide more details.

If you are already in touch with the Plesk Technical Support team, I would suggest waiting for the results of their investigation.
Otherwise, we need more details to check the issue further.

Back