• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Duplicating a mailbox... is it possible?

blackcapsteve

New Pleskian
I have a customers mailbox which contains four years of messages.. most of them junk. Inadvertently she has not been accessing them, assuming they were being forwarded to her main email address.
If I open a collector on her laptop, for user1@domain 18000 emails will come pouring through. So - I want to create a new mailbox - user2@domain, and move all the emails from user1 to user2.. clear user1, then allow her to receive current messages whilst she sorts out the stuff she wants from the stuff she doesn't, using Horde.

I looked at Forwarding an entire mailbox? and ran the commands. At first it seemed to work, but there was a problem accessing the messages using Horde - 'Imap error reported by server'

I am not a keen Command Line person so -

I cleared off the user2 from Plesk, and deleted the user2 directory in \var\qmail\mailnames - using SSH
I then went back to plesk and created a NEW user2
I then downloaded the user1 directory, renamed it to user2 and overwrote the user2 directory in \var\qmail\mailnames using SSH
I restarted postfix

I then tried to look at the messages for user2 using Horde.. they were all there - titles etc, but no detail - just a message telling me there was an 'IMAP error reported by server'

Is there something else I can do to make this work?
Is there a better way to duplicate an entire mailbox?
regards Steve

Well Done ! EXACTLY what I wanted. I was a bit phased at first - thinking I would have to import a whole site, but THEN I read the instructions and saw the 'Import Mail Messages' on the Domain details

Thanks sebgonzes

Back