• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question E-mail from forms issue

Quinn

New Pleskian
Hi, there

I am having trouble with a form on my wesbite. I can't seem to get a mail to send from the PHP form even though the send window pops up and says the mail has been sent.

I have read through a lot of the Plesk documentation and I can't seem to find the answer to my question.

Please excuse my ignorance in advance. My web development skills are rudimentary at best, I am just helping a friend with their website.

TYIA

Are you a hosting provider or are you an end user working on a site that happens to be using the Plesk control panel?

Depending on your answer, that will determine the next step to check!

If that's the case, there are a couple of things that you can do depending on your level of technical aptitude. More often than not this isn't a Plesk issue and if turns out to be, your provider can address it for you or let you know what's needed to send mail in their environment (in some cases such as with WordPress you would need to and want to send email via an SMTP plugin).

Your provider has probably enabled Outgoing Mail Controls, which will restrict use of scriptsa for form mails, ask them to enable scripts for formmail and your should be good

If that's the case, there are a couple of things that you can do depending on your level of technical aptitude. More often than not this isn't a Plesk issue and if turns out to be, your provider can address it for you or let you know what's needed to send mail in their environment (in some cases such as with WordPress you would need to and want to send email via an SMTP plugin).
So, I must understand this incorrectly... I thought that PLESK was the provider that hosted the site and e-mail server.

Ok so after a bit more digging around, the client has let me know that there e-mail service is provided by Office 365.

If the email service is not hosted on the same system where the domain is running, you need to deactivate email services in the domain's settings, because else all mail will be delivered locally and never reach the Office 365 accounts that reside outside of the server.

If the email service is not hosted on the same system where the domain is running, you need to deactivate email services in the domain's settings, because else all mail will be delivered locally and never reach the Office 365 accounts that reside outside of the server.
Hi, Peter

Thanks for your response. I have absolutely no idea where to do that in PLESK. I can't seem to find any settings for mail on the PLESK dashboard.

In your subscription choose the "mail settings" icon.
Then uncheck " Activate mail service on this domain "

In your subscription choose the "mail settings" icon.
Then uncheck " Activate mail service on this domain "
That's the weird thing, I don't seem to have a "mail settings" icon anywhere on my dashbaord.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 10.41.48.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 10.41.48.png
    170.4 KB · Views: 2
I see that this is a Windows environment. I cannot advise on that, because I am not sure whether it works the same like the Linux environment.

Back