• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

E-Mail Setup problem

maw

Basic Pleskian
hi,

since the update to 10.1.1., where our clients can change there password for there email accounts? see attachment.

the panel says "Set up a mailbox and specify a password for accessing it." but there are no password fields any more.

thanks for answer.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 12
wohoo i see right now when i create a new email the password field with the nice hint

"This password will be used if e-mail address is not assigned to a user account. E-mail addresses assigned to user accounts operate with user account passwords."

who had the idea to assign existing email accounts to user accounts while the update was running? i see already all the calls :(

would it resolve the problem, when i remove the assigned user accounts? It should be then assigned to Nobody.

at least it works like this when i create a new account.

edit: ok works. thread can be closed.

Last edited:
why you didn't do it in the control panel? at the end you don't know if these entry are connected with other tables in the database. in your solution are the user accounts still there, just not assigned any more

Last edited:
Back