• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

email account for subdomain

F

FlorinC

Hello,

I'd like to create e-mail accounts for a subdomain like: [email protected]

I have already created the subdomain, i have changed the DNS Settings for the main domain (added *.domain.com IN A IP), but still can't change the default @domain.com when I try to create a new mail account from plesk.

My Parallels partner sad that there is a woraround: add the subdomain as a new domain and then create email acounts for subdomain.domain.com as a main domain. But my license has a limited no of domains so this doesn't help.

So, my question is: How to create an email account for a subdomain as "a subdomain in Plesk" not for a sudomain as "a domain in Plesk"?

Thanks.

Hello,

I'd like to create e-mail accounts for a subdomain like: [email protected]

I have already created the subdomain, i have changed the DNS Settings for the main domain (added *.domain.com IN A IP), but still can't change the default @domain.com when I try to create a new mail account from plesk.

My Parallels partner sad that there is a woraround: add the subdomain as a new domain and then create email acounts for subdomain.domain.com as a main domain. But my license has a limited no of domains so this doesn't help.

So, my question is: How to create an email account for a subdomain as "a subdomain in Plesk" not for a sudomain as "a domain in Plesk"?

Thanks.

here http://www.servermx.com/en/howto.html is explained (in the last box of the page) how to get email from sub-domain of your own domain name

Back