• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Email alias directory is not removed from disk after deletion in Plesk

danami

Silver Pleskian
TITLE:
Email alias directory is not removed from disk after deletion in Plesk
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Product version: Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #10
Update date: 2018/06/04 06:59
Build date: 2018/05/30 07:57
OS version: CentOS 7.5.1804
Revision: c3fb546fb867ac424d65da14d8b023f11ec0d150
Architecture: 64-bit
Wrapper version: 1.2
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
When you remove an email addresses alias it is not deleted from the disk. This creates a collision if you try to rename the email account to what the alias was set to.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Add an alias to an email account. (the alias directory is created in the /var/qmail/mailnames/yourdomain.com/ youralias
2. Remove the alias in Plesk. (The alias directory that was created is not removed from disk).
3. Try renaming the email account to the alias name. You will get an error "mailmgn-core failed:boost::filesystem::rename:: File exists: "
4. After this if you try to go to the email account a PleskUtil 500 fatal exception is shown.​
ACTUAL RESULT:
The email alias directory is still on disk in the /var/qmail/mailnames/yourdomain.com/ directory even though it was removed in Plesk.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
When deleting the alais in Plesk it should remove the alias directory from disk that was created.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
I've confirmed that this bug is present in both Plesk 17.8 and 17.5.
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Attachments

• 2018-06-04_07h39_56.png
    2018-06-04_07h39_56.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 2018-06-04_07h45_59.png
    2018-06-04_07h45_59.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 3
From developer:

It is required to clarify steps to reproduce.
On my side, the following was performed:

1. Created subscription example.com
  2. Navigated example.com > "Mail" tab > create email address
  3. Used [email protected] as mailbox name, in "Email Aliases" tab I added [email protected] and clicked OK
  4. Clicked on [email protected], navigated "Email Aliases" tab, removed [email protected] and clicked OK
  5. Clicked on [email protected] again and changed its name to [email protected]. And clicked OK, The Mailbox has been renamed with no issues
Checked on Onyx 17.5 and 17.8, both Postfix and Qmail mailservers.

I have included a link to a recording of how to replicate it.
bug.gif

From developer:

I did exactly the same.
Looks like there is some type of mailserver misconfiguration.

I think that you could ask Support Team assistance.

I discovered what triggers this bug. If you have an event that switches the mailboxes spamassassin action to "move" then this bug will be triggered (the email alias directory isn't created otherwise). Tell the developer to add this event on mail creation then follow the steps again and you will get the error:

Code:
/usr/local/psa/bin/spamassassin -u ${NEW_MAILNAME} -status true -action move

Update:
Actually you don't even have to have the event added. All you need is to have the spam filter for the mailbox set to "move" then the bug will be triggered!

Last edited:
Thank you!
Bug confirmed, Request PPPM-8704 created.

The issue, or at least a variant, still exists in Version 17.5.3 Update #62, last updated on Nov 21, 2018 03:55 PM. When can we expect a fix? It's annoying, since we can't renamed mailboxes / domains without going into /var/qmail/mailnames to clean up all the .spamassassin remnants.

The Bug is a little more extensive than first reported. It also triggers in a similar way when a domain alias is removed and then the hosting renamed to the alias name. It will trip over the same .spamassassin folder its not expecting.

Also its cased if SA settings are either Move (as reported) or Delete.

Setting SA back to 'Mark spam messages by adding the following text to message subject' stops it from creating the offending .spamassassin folder for new aliases (mail or domain types) but does not remove the existing .spamassassin folders created under assorted aliases.

Back