• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email are only sending from one domain, which happens to match my sub.hutber.com

Hutber

New Pleskian
I'm running Plesk 10.4, Ubuntu 8.04

In short, i can send and receive emails using email forwarding to my email address's ***@hutber.com. However any other email address i create for any other domains don't work.

I've no idea why, i thought it might have something to do with my sub.hutber.com matching the emails that are working.

I have looked in my /opt/psa/var/log/maillog for details/errors, but this shows only things that have ***@hutber.com.

I think that the server isn't even recognising when i send emails from the other domains otherwise they would at least show in some form of error on the logs.

Any ideas, i'm stumped and rather :'(

Ok, so i got a reply from to my email saying that the email didn't work...

Mail Delivery Subsystem <[email protected]>

1:52 PM (9 minutes ago)

to me
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

[email protected]

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
DNS Error: DNS server returned general failure

----- Original message -----

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=gmail.com; s=20120113;
h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date
:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;
bh=mX8O0a+T9W9aIUP9QZ60v8rPthTsFr4VceXgRBfp4rk=;
b=sCvDIpImKbeceSvrwEV7/4StsQ3Nj/BG0ILSQzAYJ2GEEDeT3R0yykxFV8COWlTA7b
sGQx5DAFKdJ/lm7DzMvLDWvmh65ptsAN/Fdlq6EGBUPCZor+GrQrSltvytV5Y4HLTW5i
9SCeOH+drlnd/HiixuoHwqjwoBzIUp3lxIf6/yUq4XxfjwimiECGpD8M97pwI5z7ElHO
jR/+krpOjIT4YZLpyH9IrsTUBU5uNgxiv7pVGgNcmnUAMtqpBpwoZPYt5umMseMDsr50
hMhy7n/0BI/EaeIFqQjTSSgEbLG9G7oNPTM3qCQC/2Cw+ehN3Fwnwmq+ZMPXQ6VD2WXw
KbJA==
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.220.240.80 with SMTP id kz16mr50865050vcb.7.1356700802434;
Fri, 28 Dec 2012 05:20:02 -0800 (PST)
Sender: [email protected]
Received: by 10.58.118.238 with HTTP; Fri, 28 Dec 2012 05:20:02 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <CABukwc7VSnhO3LAUvqQU-kdopgAU5tnZFU5STWFqLfez54T=rA@mail.gmail.com>
References: <[email protected]>
<CABukwc7VSnhO3LAUvqQU-kdopgAU5tnZFU5STWFqLfez54T=rA@mail.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 13:20:02 +0000
X-Google-Sender-Auth: dQJ5J4kGYp3xcGmSBNrgDQqCHrw
Message-ID: <CABukwc5zZtBQsOYqtr1nLsntZmK55-0yjokb-fh70btZvMKDAg@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: Re: test
To: [email protected]
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=14dae9cfcdba65456504d1e9858a

resr

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Jamie Hutber <[email protected]> wrote:

> hey
>
> On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 1:15 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> test
>>
>
>

If this failed why wouldn't i get any fail logs confirming this?

The error message from Google implies a DNS issue. Google can't seem to do the necessary DNS lookup on the domain it is trying to send to for some reason. Since that's the case, nothing will be connecting to your server and there will be nothing in the logs.

I checked the DNS records for the domain mentioned in the error email and it shows that there are severe problems.
In fact it looks like there are no DNS records for the domain.
If this is the case with all your other domains too then this is why things are not working.

The namservers the domain is set to use are ns1 and ns2.hutber.com. Do these point to your Plesk server or not?

If they do then for some reason Plesk is not setting up any DNS records for your domains. You'll need to check to see why this is the case.

For example might you have switched DNS off accidentally for each domain?
Are Plesk's default DNS templates correctly configured?

If all appears to be well then try to make a change to any DNS zone then check the logs for errors - including the Plesk panel log itself.

Now, in your original post you said you had problems sending FROM your other email addresses. This is the opposite of the problem you explained in the second post, where the problem is reciving email on the Plesk server. So I'm a little confused.

Nevertheless, the first thing to do is fix the DNS issues as they are going to cause all sorts of problems all by themselves.

I have posted a reply... but for whatever reason it just won't show up, i try to post again and it tells me its a duplicate of a previous post, yet i can't see this post... I will try again later.

Send it to me by PM? I'll try to respond if I can - assuming anything I have said has been of any use. I'm sorry if I'm not being helpful.

Back