• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email groups

C

ChristianR

In version 9.xx it has been very easy to create email groups and add emil adresses to one group by click. In version 10.xx there are no real groups anymore - only forwarder.

Why?? That old system has been very good.

I second that. One of the biggest reasons we use Plesk is the email groups. Before Plesk we had CPanel. Doing an email group required making seperate forwarders with the same name for each person in the company (170+ people). This has the drawback of rogue forwarders being left after an employee is terminated. The groups made management very simple, delete the email address and all related group memberships are also deleted. Hope this feature is returning. I don't know of any other panels that have it but if we're stuck with a lack of features, better to use something that costs less.

It's true, very pity the feature was deleted. It's really annoying to put a line by line addresses to send a message to all users of a domain!

At this moment, mail group is can be created by adding all the target addresses as forwarding. Forwarding may be configured to multiple addresses. Since it is a text area - copy-paste shall work perfectly.

I see it resulted to be inconvenient for staff mailing list management (no automated removal of dismissed employee). Suppose that we add a bit more automation over forwarders -
* select all (or some) mail addresses of a current domain and add them into a group

Would it be what you are looking for?

Regards

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you for your reactivity!

Hi. I have a client that wants mail to be sent to many emails but not with the forwarded message at the top of the email. So the email would be sent as if it was sent to an alias.
This will allow them to directly reply to the email without copying the main text out of the email.

With google apps you can create mail groups that redirect email to many email addresses without adding the forwarded message to the email body.
I can't see a way of doing this in plesk 12 as all it has is a forwarding option that does add the forward header to the email. alias can be used but you can't add the same alias on many emails addresses.

We are having to tell our client that we can't offer them this. They did have it with their last hosting so our client probably will not like this. They will now have to pay for google apps to get the functionality back.

Back