• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email Issues using Plesk 12.5 and Outlook 2016

360webfirm

Basic Pleskian
Hello there,

Can someone please tell me how to set up the basic email functions as I have tried everything and cannot get my email ( smtp ) to work. It logs on ok, but sending email using smtp just does not work. I have tried all types of variation, requires authentication, does not, using SSL, TTL, and so on. Ports 25, 26, 597. Using mail. and just domain.com - I have been using plesk for sometime, but could never get the email function to work. It works while using the webmail, but I can not get it to work on any external email client such as outlook, Thunderbird and so on. Please help. If you can let me know if there is anything I need to do via command line or anything to get email to work. It is enabled in setting also that it requires authentication.

Please help... Using WHM, its easy, but I am new to Plesk. I have a OVH VPS hosting account using latest version of plesk 12.5.3 trying to set up email in Outlook 2016.

What exact error do you have? Have you checked connection to port 25 with telnet at least?

I have and also tried 26 and 587. I just loaded qmail and will try that. Do you have any recommendations on what to use for SMTP server? Postscript did not work. I have used c panel via WHM and its easy and always works. I love plesk and would really like to continue to use this platform, but the email set up and configuration just does not work for me. Its really hard to find advice online regarding this as well, so I thought I would try this forum.

Back