• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email - No SPF/Domain Keys Headers in emails

T

TimGC

I have domainkeys and spf records enabled server side and in the domains and the DNS records were automatically set up for domainkeys but I am not getting any headers in the sent emails for SPF or domainkeys. Any thoughts?

I have plesk 9.5.2 running on CentOS.

Thanks for the reply but that did not solve my issue. SPF is actually working properly. The problem is with domainkeys. The DNS records appear to be correct but the signature header is not appearing in the email messages. I have this working on another plesk install and it works perfectly. I'm stuck...

Thank you for th ereply. Here is what I got:

[root@www courier-imap]# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam
==> Checking for: mail_spam_restore... not exsists
==> Checking for: mailsrv_conf_init... ok
==> Checking for: mail_mailbox_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mailsrv_entities_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_admin_aliases... ok
==> Checking for: mail_auth_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mailman_lists_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_responder_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_drweb_restore... not exsists
==> Checking for: mail_kav_restore... not exsists
==> Checking for: mail_spf_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_dk_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_grey_restore... ok

Is one of the missing components what my problem is? And if so, how do I reinstall the missing component?

Thanks Igor!

Hey,
I reinstalled the spam filter and drweb and it had no effect - still doesn't work. No domainkeys headers in the email messages. Do I wipe the server and start over?

Yes, signing is selected in both places. It just doesn't actually sign the outgoing messages.

Hello,

In the DNS settings of the domain do you have some records like :

default._domainkey.domain.com. TXT p=MHwwDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEBBQADawAwaAJhHFUWHWFWIDJIWDJWysdv7tBPSnOz3c6lFtnlAWIhE/TvmajIiGICmeVEmqrddN54sn70tsjswDCfZNIdYdQSftXOTvWyGEM7UM7e+rJjVsr/TT4ruoqy9oIxfwIDAQAB;

_domainkey.domain.com. TXT o=-

If yes, it means that the Domains Key feature has been enabled. If not, go to Plesk -> Domains -> Domain.com -> Mail Accounts -> Mail Settings -> and check "Use DomainKeys spam protection system to sign outgoing e-mail messages".

Another problem can be if the nameservers are not set on your server. If so, the mail servers are checking another server for TXT records and since they are missing the tag will not be added.

Cheers.

The problem was that the email headers that should look like this:
-------------------------------------------
Domainkey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=default; d=domainname.com; b=E8iksNsSgSK92A0MbIz/PWE5YQ1Bzrv2dNrkPX8cJxl3fYniO00vpsHuuwNTcl7h/WX8A6nmUnU8qe4U8YcFw6sWE8cmeGrkMJwCmEXz2rpPuEYo1Nx/1uof/ILj5Juo; h=Received:Received:From:Content-Type:Subject:Date:Message-Id:To:Mime-Version:X-Mailer;
-------------------------------------------
were not being included in the messages. Settings and DNS records were fine.

Thanks for everybodys help but I just reformatted the server, installed everything from scratch and now it works properly.

Took a day but problem solved.

Back