• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email redirects stopped working for one domain...

ylon

Basic Pleskian
I am having an odd problem. After updating to the most recent components (post the last 7.5.4 update) I am having problems with one domain not redirecting its email. I can send email to [email protected] and it is supposed to redirect to [email protected] and it does not issue an error of the user not being found when email is sent, yet no email ever makes it through to the end user. What can I do to get to the bottom of this issue or has someone seen this before?

Oddly, another domain with this same setup works alright and this had worked previously to this update as well with this particular domain.

Try to disable the redirect and then enable it again. If still does not work, check the maillog at:

/usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

for more details.

redirects stop working as well

I'm also on Plesk 7.5.4, and my redirects have also stopped working. This happened randomly one day. My server guy re-installed everything and we migrated the domains back on, which fixed things for about a week. Today, the redirects stopped working again.

Another symptom is that my outgoing mail is now taking up to 24 hours (or more? who knows...) to be delivered.

Anyone else experiencing the problem?

With 7.5.4, many email related problems can be attributed to DrWeb and Watchdog.

You may want to uninstall both of these and see if things improve. If they do, then I would recommend the following replacements:

Antivirus: clamav (free) or 4psa's SGuardian

Process monitoring: sim or 4psa's server assistant

I also would recommend using ART's (atomicrocketturtle.com) qmail-scanner package, as well as his whole yum repository for installs/updates to Plesk servers and other packages.

4psa products are commercial (not free), but are reasonable, and you may want to lookup forum member Poke, he is often offering discounts on 4psa products

I use both methods, depending on the server.

Thank you for the suggestions! I am not an admin-type, but I will forward the information on. Hope it gets fixed, soon. It's driving me insane. :)

Back