• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Email sending failed on command line

FarazK

New Pleskian
On my Linux Plesk Obsidian 18.0.28 I am running following simple command from Linux command line to send email to my Gmail

echo "Testing email from command line" | mail -s "Test Mail" [email protected]

When I run above command the email does not go out and this I get following error in /var/log/maillog

Apr 10 16:23:53 vps0 postfix/smtp[5200]: EF6353B0: to=<[email protected]>, relay=alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.186.26]:25, delay=3.2, delays=0.04/0.04/2.4/0.74, dsn=4.7.0, status=deferred (host alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.186.26] said: 421-4.7.0 This message does not have authentication information or fails to pass 421-4.7.0 authentication checks. To best protect our users from spam, the 421-4.7.0 message has been blocked. Please visit 421-4.7.0 Prevent mail to Gmail users from being blocked or sent to spam - Gmail Help for more 421 4.7.0 information.

I tried to use sSMTP utility and configured authentication in /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf file which starts sending email from command line, but then Postfix gets corrupted and I loose the 'Mail' icon from 'Tools & Settings' and I have to reinstall Postfix.

If I were to configure any authentication information directly into Postfix configuration then it may clash with Plesk again...

How can I setup emails on Plesk Linux server to work properly so it can be sent from command line with authentication.

SPF is a DNS record.

DKIM is a DNS + Email header records. Unless you are sending email using SMTP, this record will not added to email header

Back