• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue email spoofing & spam

stas styler

Basic Pleskian
Dear pleskers,

I need your help. I'm providing shared hosting over a server with approx 250 domains most of them are wordpress websites.
The server has 1 IP.
We are connected to MailChannels and this month we got huge bill of exceeding the plan with houndred thousands of spam mail (SPOOFED).

I've been googling and trying to block it but with not much luck. Eventually I limited outgoing mail to 20 per hour.
I know that in these cases I need to use SPF + DKIM + DMARC which I did.
My question is, what are the best practices for a shared hosting provider that has alot of domains and only 1 IP (all services are on the same server).

What I did was:
DMARC on each domain in DNS template - v=DMARC1;p=reject;pct=100;rua=mailto:[email protected]
DKIM signing, tried doing it but there are too many domains, how do I enable it server wide?
SPF on each domain in DNS template - v=spf1 ip4:<my-server-ip-address-here> +a +mx +a:<my-servers-domain-name-here> -all

Am I doing something wrong? I really need some advice and help because currently somehow bots can spoof my clients domains.

Back