• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Email??

Kain

New Pleskian
When I was in the demo phase I made an email for one of my domain within Plesk and haven't looked at it much after. Now I registered and want to create a couple emails for other domains but nowhere do I see the option to create an email anymore nor do I see the mail tab.

What am I missing or what is the problem?

Version 17.5.3

Hello,

First of all make sure that you have mail server installed: Check Tools&Settings -> Server Components for qmail or postfix (if you have Plesk for Linux). In case of absence you can install it in Updates&Upgrades or via plesk installer in CLI

Hello,

First of all make sure that you have mail server installed: Check Tools&Settings -> Server Components for qmail or postfix (if you have Plesk for Linux). In case of absence you can install it in Updates&Upgrades or via plesk installer in CLI
Thank you for your reply.

I installed qmail but still no mail tab though.

Hi Kain,

if your "mail" - tab is missing, pls. consider to check for possible "custom view" restrictions in your "HOME > Tools & Settings > Custom View Settings" and make sure, that you enabled mail - support in your corresponding subscription/hosting settings and you should certainly check as well "HOME > Tools & Settings > Mail Server Settings".

Hi Kain,

if your "mail" - tab is missing, pls. consider to check for possible "custom view" restrictions in your "HOME > Tools & Settings > Custom View Settings" and make sure, that you enabled mail - support in your corresponding subscription/hosting settings and you should certainly check as well "HOME > Tools & Settings > Mail Server Settings".
Thank you for your answer.

I am not sure what you mean, I am in the custom view settings and don't see any options for that, I see under mail I can tick the box before Mail Server Settings but when I do that I get a message it will conflict with PHP if I do.

In the mail server setting the box "Enable mail management functions in Plesk" is ticked but no success so far.

There are settings that conflict with the server-wide security policy. Are you sure you want to continue?
If you really want to override the security policy and apply the conflicting settings, click Yes. Otherwise, click No, and then click the link 'apply secure setting preset' to bring the settings in accordance with the server-wide security policy. The following settings conflict with the policy:
  • PHP version

Last edited:
Yes, I know what you mean and as I said, it's enabled ;)

10o1hk0.png

This isn't though, gives that warning.

2e14mex.png

Hi Kain,

This isn't though, gives that warning.
Sorry... but I really have difficulties to understand and to follow you. Pls. provide usefull error - messages and not just
gives that warning

If you don't choose a possible option when you use "custom view settings", you will never be able to see these options over the Plesk Control Panel - I hope that you understood, that it is essential, that IF you desire to see corresponding options, you have to tick the corresponding box in your "custom view settings". ;)

Hi Kain,

Sorry... but I really have difficulties to understand and to follow you. Pls. provide usefull error - messages and not just

If you don't choose a possible option when you use "custom view settings", you will never be able to see these options over the Plesk Control Panel - I hope that you understood, that it is essential, that IF you desire to see corresponding options, you have to tick the corresponding box in your "custom view settings". ;)
I literally put the error message in a quote in my third message.

A photo then.
2ibnjme.png

Hi Kain,

this is not an error, it is a notice. You probably choosed "safe_mode = on", which might conflict in some cases. Just try to disable "safe_mode" in your Service - Plans > PHP settings for example and if you see such a notice again, just click "yes". ;)

Hi Kain,

this is not an error, it is a notice. You probably choosed "safe_mode = on", which might conflict in some cases. Just try to disable "safe_mode" in your Service - Plans > PHP settings for example and if you see such a notice again, just click "yes". ;)
But unfortunately still no mail tab :(

Hi Kain,

could you pls. tell us, WHICH Plesk license you purchased?

Pls. login over SSH as user "root" and use the command:
Code:
plesk bin poweruser --off
... and tell us, if your "mail" - tab is visible now in your subscription.

lol I got a feeling that I will look stupid because you asked that but I got the same license as when I made a email address within Plesk and that is the admin edition.

Now in my trial I made a email for one of my domains and now I can't and trying to figure out why.

Back