• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Emails from hosted domains not routing to 3rd party servers

Well. What sort of output of following command:

# postmap -s /var/spool/postfix/plesk/virtual_domains |grep <your.domain>

Perhaps there remained record and Postfix believes that it is his domain and then sends all mail to local mailboxes?

I have 2 domains for which this issue is a problem. They both return the following:

Domain 1:
mydomain.com mydomain.com/

Domain 2:
mydomain.net mydomain.net/

I have 2 domains for which this issue is a problem. They both return the following:

Domain 1:

Domain 2:

Try to remove them with

# postmap -d '<domain_name>' /var/spool/postfix/plesk/virtual_domains

Most probably that they should be removed from /var/spool/postfix/plesk/virtual too.

Domain 1:

Domain 2:

Try to remove them with

Most probably that they should be removed from /var/spool/postfix/plesk/virtual too.

[...] but rather "I'm new to Parallels, I have a VPS with a number of commercial sites running on it, and I don't want to screw it all up by altering thngis I know very little about".
missionaryman, Postfix isn't Parallels technology, but one of the most widely used MTAs all over the world and incredibly well documented. Until you'll get an "official" response from Parallels, you can at least run your tests. You would have been able to run them multiple times and restore the configuration to your current one without affecting the quality of service to your customers since my last intervention here ;)

Try to remove them with

Hi Igor and burnley,

I've carried out this action. Do I now need to restart any service?

Thanks,

MM

Ok, guys - I took a little initiative and restarted posfix (yeh, I know ...)

And everything now works!

Thanks very much for your help in being patient with me and pointing me in the right direction.

I have only one more question - when Plesk is updated, will it edit these files and make this problem happen all over again?

Do you mean updates with microupdates? I think that your changes will not be overwritten, but when some serious mail updates comes - it may happens.

Hi.

Does anyone have any guidance for the same sort of thing but using Qmail?
As we have a domain where their email is hosted by a 3rd party but we host their DNS and the website and the server will not send mail to the external mail accounts.

Back