• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Emails sometimes not delivered even though Sendgrid says it was (unrelated to Plesk, read full topic)

Denis Gomes Franco

Regular Pleskian
Hey everyone,
Long story short..... I run a web design agency that also hosts customers websites and online stores we develop using Wordpress and Woocommerce. We use Sendgrid as a transactional email solution, and an SMTP plugin set up to use our own Sendgrid account.

Sometimes a customer that uses a @hotmail.com/@live.com/@outlook.com will make a purchase and not receive any emails from the store, at all - according to him/her.

Weird thing 1: Sendgrid logs show that the message was in fact received correctly by Hotmail's servers. No blocking occurred, at all.
Weird thing 2: This does not happen with everyone. I have tested using my personal @outlook.com address and it was fine.
Weird thing 3: Customer swears that the messages are not in the inbox, not in the spam folder, not in any other folder, and not in the focused/other inbox.
Weird thing 4: This is very, very rare. Happens to maybe 1 or 2 out of every 100 customers - well, at least according to those that reached us saying that they had a problem.

The SMTP plugin is set up to send notifications using the store's email address, which most of the time is an address outside the domain (eg. [email protected] instead of [email protected]). This is unavoidable and most owners don't want to switch, however I don't think this is the cause of the problem - as mentioned in #2 this does not happen with everyone, not with every @hotmail.com/@live.com/@outlook.com address.

I'm aware that this might not have any explanation or solution at all but... have someone seen something like this before? Maybe we missed something, a configuration somewhere?