• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Emails stuck in inbox on server, won't download to client

J

JerkyChew

We recently upgraded from an old server running Fedora Core 1/ Plesk 7.0.1 to a new box running FC3/ Plesk 7.5 reloaded. We are having some strange problems with the email on the new server. Some emails are getting to the server recipients, while others are just sitting on the server.

I can't find any rhyme or reason as to why some emails stay on the box, while others make it through no problem. Outlook is not giving me any error messages, it's just ignoring certain emails. The emails are viewable via webmail (Horde).

We are running Qmail with Spam Assassin enabled, and POP3.

Where the heck can I start to check?

Same Problem Here!

I had the exact same issue happen. Mailbox had only 20mb out of it's 200mb limit in it and on Wednesday, started telling the user that it was downloading the same 146 messages but nothing ever came through. All messages were visible through webmail. This persons outlook account is setup to NOT leave a message on the server, but it was and would not download them. This had not been a problem before for them, just out of the blue.

I had to empty the account to make it work again. Now the user is checking mail and it is being deleted from the server as it should be. Seems odd that it was stuck on a message? Anyone else have these issues?

I Had a Similiar Problem

Hello, I had a similar problem today, I tried many things, restarting qmail, psa, recreating email accounts, etc.

I could access by webmail and see the messages but I couldn't download them via POP.

I saw top and noticed a very high CPU usage by Apache so I killed Apache, restarted it and then qmail POP started working.

I don't know if this could be your problem but may be worth taking a look.

Regards!

Back