• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Emails to gmail stuck in qmail outbound queue

IsaacT

Basic Pleskian
I was recently informed by someone that none of the emails that they are sending from my domains get to anyone with a gmail account. After some testing and looking around here is what I have found.

We can receive from gmail users fine. But no emails from anyone on any of my domains in plesk can send to gmail. After testing with a few emails I see that my SPF records and everything pass fine, so it shouldn't be that gmail is blocking it that way. Then I finally go into plesk and look at the mail queue, and can see about 20 emails in there dating as far back as 5 days ago that are stuck in the queue. Every email that is stuck has a recipient @gmail.com.

What would be some quick ways to try and diagnose why these emails are not going out?

Thanks

I did some more digging and found out it was due to google changing some settings with ipv6, and if your os has ipv6 disabled you can no longer send to gmail.com. Guess I didn't search enough before posting this. Because here is a post about it.

http://forum.parallels.com/pda/index.php/t-110308.html

From reading it though, it seems like there is not currently a fix from parallels. but plenty of work arounds for it.

You sure didnt as it was a big hit at the time google implemented it. An MU resolved it then.

Does plesks auto updater grab the MU's? I have 10.4.4, and it auto updates about once a week. and this was still occuring today without me putting in a work around. What MU was it that fixed it and how do I verify if I have it installed?

just looked. I have plesk 10.4.4 update 36, which seems to be the latest version. But this issue was occuring. So unless there was some other update, the MU didn't fix it for me.

I'll look at using one of the other solutions such as switching to postfix instead of qmail to fix this. But is Plesk working on a MU that will fix this issue with qmail?

Yes I had seen that. Thats one of two posts I saw that gave solutions. But I was still curious if Parallels was planning a fix to this instead of just work around. Not that it really matters, they did give 3 possible work arounds. I'm planning on looking into making the switch to postfix to fix this. Just don't have the time till this evening to work on it.

Back