1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Empty Error Log after Migration

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Issue, Fixes, How-To' started by JeffT, Jun 16, 2009.

1. JeffT

JeffT Guest

Attempting to migrate from 8.1.1 to 9.2.1 and the move fails and there is not any error in the error log box that would indicate a clue to why the migration has failed....

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Nataliya Zagr

Nataliya Zagr Regular Pleskian

87%
    Hello,

Please, check the Parallels Plesk Migration Manager at the following directory:

C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\PMM\logs

3. M:ke

M:ke Guest

Same issue here.

Migration failed and the logfile was empty. The customer's web is about 1,5 GiB large. I tried to migrate a tiny web (9 Mib) and it worked well. But i have absolutly no chance to migrate this one.

Grepping the logs by using the keyword "error" returned me the following:

/opt/psa/PMM/logs# cat migration_handler.log.2009-07-14-102541 | grep error -A 3 -B 3
    /opt/psa/PMM/logs# cat pmmcli.log.2009-07-14-102541 | grep error -A 3 -B 3
    System is Ubuntu 8.04 LTS with Python 2.5.2

4. JeffT

JeffT Guest

The only thing that I have found through out my migrations is that for whatever reason there is a "network" connectivity issue from the source to destination server. If I attempt the same move again after I recieve a blank error log, I get an error message stating that the migration agent on the source is in use. If I do get this error, then I close the migration agent on the source and then reopen it.

5. M:ke

M:ke Guest

Problem still exists in Plesk 9.2.3.
    The migration works with EMails and their content, but not for the domains and content.