• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Enabling antivirus/spam by default on new email accounts

balltongu

New Pleskian
Hi guys,

I've got an odd issue that I can't seem to find the setting for. When I add a new email address and click on either the Spam Filter or Antivirus tab the following checkboxes are unchecked:

Spam Filter - Switch on spam filtering for this e-mail address
Antivirus - Switch on antivirus protection for this e-mail address

I can set them, however this adds 3 additional clicks on every email setup, and if I have a client with 100 email addresses to setup, this isn't optimal for them. Is there no way to tell Plesk to enable these automatically for all email?

Thanks

I think that should be left up to the provider to decide if the performance of their hardware will be in any way affected. At the very least it should be an option with a warning if you are so concerned about performance. I'm not sure what is meant by "mass mail creation" in the other thread, it seems to indicate that this would somehow be a problem during the creation of the email account which I fail to see how creating an email account will put additional load on the system in terms of enabling spam and antivirus for that account, it's not like either spam filtering or virus filtering is actually being ran against any data when the account itself is created. Really though, when was the last time a web host told you that virus scanning was included in the service but that you had to turn it on? That's silly, viruses and spam are part of email, like it or hate it, it's the truth and as such shouldn't be left up to the users to decide if they need it or not because they do.

Back