• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Enabling PHP?

Pleskie

Regular Pleskian
Short question. I installed PHP version 8.05 on my server (Updates > Add/Remove Components).

I go to Tools & Settings > Server Management > Services Management

I see 3 PHP-versions listed. One of 'em is the one I just installed (8.05). All versions are disabled and can't be enabled.

I do not have any customers/domains/subscriptions/service plans installed yet. So it's an 'empty' server. Is that the reason why I can't enable PHP? Or is something wrong?

Last edited:
I'm not sure, but maybe you have to do something in the domain settings before (in the "Domains & Websites" dashboard). I cant remember that I bought any subscriptions instead of choosing "Plesk Admin edition" when I rent the server from my provider, and I have options to deal with PHP in both domain settings and Services Managemt (I didn't dare to attempt to turn them on/off of course).

Hi @Monty

I already checked the link you provided. The handlers are enabled.

I made a screenshot. The buttons to start the PHP-service are grayed out. When I hover my mouse over the icon it says "Service is not configured". Maybe this is normal behaviour because I have not setup a domain yet, but I just want to be sure.

screen.png

Back