• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Enabling PHP?

Pleskie

Regular Pleskian
Short question. I installed PHP version 8.05 on my server (Updates > Add/Remove Components).

I go to Tools & Settings > Server Management > Services Management

I see 3 PHP-versions listed. One of 'em is the one I just installed (8.05). All versions are disabled and can't be enabled.

I do not have any customers/domains/subscriptions/service plans installed yet. So it's an 'empty' server. Is that the reason why I can't enable PHP? Or is something wrong?

Last edited:
I'm not sure, but maybe you have to do something in the domain settings before (in the "Domains & Websites" dashboard). I cant remember that I bought any subscriptions instead of choosing "Plesk Admin edition" when I rent the server from my provider, and I have options to deal with PHP in both domain settings and Services Managemt (I didn't dare to attempt to turn them on/off of course).

Hi @Monty

I already checked the link you provided. The handlers are enabled.

I made a screenshot. The buttons to start the PHP-service are grayed out. When I hover my mouse over the icon it says "Service is not configured". Maybe this is normal behaviour because I have not setup a domain yet, but I just want to be sure.

screen.png

Back