• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Encoding warning during backups

Ninetienne

New Pleskian
We get a lot of warning for one and the same domain during backups:

Code:
Warning: hosting "domain.com"
Encoding::encode: source UTF-8 encoding declared, but invalid UTF-8 sequence occured. Falling back to ISO-8859-1

How may we solve it?

sorry, but how do i install update #6?

Just run

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

All latest Plesk microupdates will be installed.

Just run

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

All latest Plesk microupdates will be installed.

Thank you for your quick response.

Installed the microupdates.

However i still have the encoding error: "invalid UTF-8 sequence occured"

Moreover i got a new error during backups:

"Not all the data was backed up into /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/client_name/domains/domain.com/databases/database_name_1 successfully. mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'SHOW FUNCTION STATUS WHERE Db = 'database_name'': Cannot load from mysql.proc. The table is probably corrupted (1548)"

Tried to update mysql with "mysql_upgrade -u root -p" but getting:

Looking for 'mysql' as: mysql
Looking for 'mysqlcheck' as: mysqlcheck
FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed

Please advise how I can get rid of the both errors. Thank you.

OK. Seems I have sorted it out with mysql_upgrade with the command:

# mysql_upgrade -uadmin -p` cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`

I'll test it out.

But what about the encoding stuff? Thanks.

How may I do it?

Do you have enough experience with Linux and SQL administration? Contact Support Team if not.
Generally, as one of possible method, you can create dump of psa database and grep them for non-UTF8 symbols.

Do you have enough experience with Linux and SQL administration? Contact Support Team if not.
Generally, as one of possible method, you can create dump of psa database and grep them for non-UTF8 symbols.

Thanks. Will try it with a dump.

Back