• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Encoding warning during backups

Ninetienne

New Pleskian
We get a lot of warning for one and the same domain during backups:

Code:
Warning: hosting "domain.com"
Encoding::encode: source UTF-8 encoding declared, but invalid UTF-8 sequence occured. Falling back to ISO-8859-1

How may we solve it?

sorry, but how do i install update #6?

Just run

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

All latest Plesk microupdates will be installed.

Just run

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

All latest Plesk microupdates will be installed.

Thank you for your quick response.

Installed the microupdates.

However i still have the encoding error: "invalid UTF-8 sequence occured"

Moreover i got a new error during backups:

"Not all the data was backed up into /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/client_name/domains/domain.com/databases/database_name_1 successfully. mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'SHOW FUNCTION STATUS WHERE Db = 'database_name'': Cannot load from mysql.proc. The table is probably corrupted (1548)"

Tried to update mysql with "mysql_upgrade -u root -p" but getting:

Looking for 'mysql' as: mysql
Looking for 'mysqlcheck' as: mysqlcheck
FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed

Please advise how I can get rid of the both errors. Thank you.

OK. Seems I have sorted it out with mysql_upgrade with the command:

# mysql_upgrade -uadmin -p` cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`

I'll test it out.

But what about the encoding stuff? Thanks.

How may I do it?

Do you have enough experience with Linux and SQL administration? Contact Support Team if not.
Generally, as one of possible method, you can create dump of psa database and grep them for non-UTF8 symbols.

Do you have enough experience with Linux and SQL administration? Contact Support Team if not.
Generally, as one of possible method, you can create dump of psa database and grep them for non-UTF8 symbols.

Thanks. Will try it with a dump.

Back