• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Enforce domain in a subscription or plan.

Ray

New Pleskian
Is there a way to force a domain suffix in a plan or subscription?

I want to allow my client to make his own sites, but force all of those sites to be within the same domain.
like *.mysites.mydomain.com".

I intend to combine this with a wildcard DNS for *.mysites.mydomain.com pointing to the plesk server, to give the customer maximum flexibility.

Thanks in advance.

Raymond.

If I correctly understood you mean wildcard subdomains. This feature available only in Plesk for Linux, because IIS does not support wildcard host headers.

What I'm after is setting it up so that the customer can only configure up subscriptions with domains that have a certain "suffix". So all sites they make must be in a specific domain.

So using the above example, they can set up a domain(site) with a name bob.mysites.mydomain.com within the subscription, but not "bob.something.com". Essentially ".mysites.mydomain.com" would already be filled in and they can't change it.

Ray.

Back