• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error 0x80040154: /LM/W3SVC/3/Root

M

miempresaenline

installing: LM/W3SVC/Root

When I try to install Sitebuilder 3.2 I get that error, do you know why??

Thanks!!

Hello,

There is not enough information to give you a sufficient advice. Could you provide us with additional details? You can find them in Windows Event Log:
1. Open Windows Run dialog (press 'Start' button on desktop, then choose 'Run...' menu item; or press 'windows+R').
2. In run dialog enter 'eventvwr' (without quotes) and press enter. 3. You'll see 'Event Viewer' window. Choose 'Application', find log entries from SiteBuilder installer and post it here please.

When I try to install Sitebuilder 3.2.1_build061027.215_winx64 I get this error:

MSI (s) (A8:A8) [22:49:39:625]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI15.tmp, Entrypoint: WriteMetabaseChanges
WriteMetabaseChanges: failed to open '/LM/W3SVC/AppPools/SiteBuiderWebAppPool/' key, retrying 0 time(s)...
WriteMetabaseChanges: failed to open root key, retrying 0 time(s)...
WriteMetabaseChanges: failed to open '/LM/W3SVC/3/Root' key, retrying 0 time(s)...
WriteMetabaseChanges: failed to open '/LM/W3SVC/3/' key, retrying 0 time(s)...
WriteMetabaseChanges: Error 0x80040154: failed to create web application: /LM/W3SVC/3/Root

Product: SWsoft SiteBuilder 3.2 for Windows -- Error 26105. Failed to create web application. (-2147221164 /LM/W3SVC/3/Root )

Thanks !

I found this error log:

Product: SWsoft SiteBuilder 3.2 for Windows -- Error 26105. Failed to create web application. (-2147023838 /LM/W3SVC/32198/Root/SiteBuilder )

Generated by MsiInstaller.

I'm using the SiteBuilder standalone setup, but I already tried with the Plesk setup (sitebuilder comes embeeded) and I got the same error message.

I have a lot of security policies apllied on my server, so maybe one of them is blocking the setup from creating the website or virtual folder in IIS.

I already tried installing in a new IIS website, and in an existing website with a new virtual folder as well, the result is the same.

Thanks so much in advance.

I got the same!

this is the same error I got, please help us!!!!

viw thread "installing: LM/W3SVC/Root" on this same room

Guys, fist of all make sure that IIS service is working fine and that it is possible to create Web Site и Web Application. Did you try to install it on already existing web site?
As a workaround for this problem try to install Sitebuilder with help of following actions:
1. On your server create SiteBuilder directory for Sitebuilder product (for example, C:\Program Files\SiteBuilder\) and inside this directory create two more directories Web and Sites
2. Create new site which have C:\Program Files\SiteBuilder\Web as Home Directory
3. Create virtual directory under this site Sites with path C:\Program Files\SiteBuilder\Sites.
4. Run manually following command:
msiexec /i sbinst.msi /l*x install.log
SKIPCONFIGUREIIS=1
5. Select custom scenario, existing web site and select here site which have been created on step 2.
6. Installation should run.

Please try this procedure and give me feedback. If you have any problems I will contact with Sitebuilder development team and verify it.

Thanks, I'll try tonight and let you know what happened,

Thanks again!

The workaround worked and setup finished at least.

But now, I'm getting this error on sitebuider default page:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Failed to decrypt using provider 'RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider'. Error message from the provider: The RSA key container could not be opened.

Source Error:

Line 106: <runtime/>
Line 107: <connectionStrings configProtectionProvider="RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider">
Line 108: <EncryptedData Type="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#Element"
Line 109: xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#">
Line 110: <EncryptionMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#tripledes-cbc" />

Source File: C:\Program Files\SiteBuilder\Web\web.config Line: 108

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

On your server web application pool's identity hasn't rights to decrypt some web.config sections.
You could:
1. Give rights to application pool's identity. (When installer works normally, it creates two application pools - one for SiteBuilder itself and one for preview sites. So you could create these pools and give access rights for their identities to key storage, if you want to get the same result as installer does.)
2. Decrypt web.config section using following commands:

c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -pdf connectionStrings c:\SWsoft\SiteBuilder\Web
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -pdf KAServerConfiguration c:\SWsoft\SiteBuilder\Web

Where c:\SWsoft\SiteBuilder\Web - this is path to SiteBuilder's web.config file
And c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ - path to the .Net Framework. Change these values, if you installed them in custom places.

More information about problem with section encrypting you could find here:
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=182087&SiteID=1
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/WebFarmConnStringsNet20.asp

More information about application pool identity:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0y8k7fx3(VS.80).aspx

Well thanks so much, now I get the login page.

Sitebuilder web site was in fact using plesk default app pool, I just created an independent pool and attached the website to that new pool, and that was enuff to make it work, I didin't have to do the rest.

Finally, my only problem left is that i'm trying to log in with user and pwd:

admin, sitebuilder
admin, admin
root, sitebuilder
root, root

and I can't login, I get:

Error: The supplied credentials are invalid, what's the defaulkt user name and pwd for sitebuilder 3.2 for windows?

I tried updating the email field of AccountEntity table to my own email (field was empty) and then requesting a password recovery, but it didn't work, I believe SMTP settings are blank (GeneralSettingsEntity is empty).

On the readme file, it says:

After you have installed SiteBuilder 3.2 for Windows on your computer and opened the application for the first time, the Complete System Setup screen appears

I never got that screen, I just got the admin login or the wizard page.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance

Since you installed SiteBuilder with Plesk - now SiteBuilder is integrated with Plesk. In that case you won't see Complete Setup screen, you just need to go to Plesk panel and maintain a bunch of SiteBuilder settings, admin password is one of them.

now everything is working great!

thanks very very much Dmitry , Alex and MaxBit

Back